Passenger and freight rail performance
Quarterly and periodic (4-weekly) statistics on punctuality, reliability and causes of delay for passenger trains operating on the mainline network in Great Britain.
For details on how these statistics are compiled, please see our Passenger rail performance methodology and quality report and for information on any revisions, please see our Revisions Log.
Data and reports that include previous statistical releases on Passenger and freight rail performance can be found on the National Archives.
If you have any questions or feedback on these statistics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest statistical release
Date published: 24 May 2019
Date next published: 19 Sep 2019
- Nationally, 86.3% of trains were on time in 2018-19 (Public Performance Measure (PPM)).
- The proportion of trains Cancelled or Significantly Late (CaSL) in 2018-19 was 4.3%.
- The national Freight Delivery Metric (FDM) was 94.0% in 2018-19.
Previous statistical releases
- Freight delivery metric (FDM) - Table 3.41
- Cancelled and significantly late (CaSL) moving annual average (MAA) by sector - Table 3.5
- Cancelled and significantly late (CaSL) by train operating company - Table 3.7
- Cancelled and significantly late (CaSL) by sector - Table 3.6
- Public Performance Measure (maa) by sector - Table 3.42
- Public Performance Measure by train operating company - Table 3.44
- Public Performance Measure by sector - Table 3.43
- CaSL failures by TOC
- Historic PPM CaSL
- Disaggregated Public Performance Measure (PPM), Right Time, Cancellations and Significant Lateness (CaSL) for all operators - Table 3.9
- Train punctuality at recorded station stops by TOC - Table 3.65
- Severe disruption by sub-operator - Table 3.67
- Number of cancellations by TOC - Table 3.66
- Cancellations and significant lateness by sector - Table 3.54 (periodic)
- Cancellations and significant lateness by TOC - Table 3.55 (periodic)
- Number of passenger trains cancelled by TOC - Table 3.60 (periodic)
- Number of passenger trains planned by TOC - Table 3.61 (periodic)
- Number of planned temporary speed restrictions by route and cause - Table 3.62
- Number of unplanned temporary speed restrictions by route and cause - Table 3.63
- Total temporary speed restrictions by route and cause - Table 3.64
- Public performance measure by sector - Table 3.56 (periodic)
- Public performance measure by TOC - Table 3.57 (periodic)
- Delays by TOC & Cause