Rail statistics compendium
Annual summary containing key results from each of our main statistical outputs published in the last 12 months.
Previously published Rail statistics compendia can be found on the National Archives.
If you have any questions or feedback on these statistics, please contact email@example.com
Date published: 02 Dec 2021
Date next published: TBC
- Passenger journeys in Great Britain fell to 387.9 million in the year ending March 2021.
- Freight moved fell to 15.2 billion net tonne kilometres in the year ending March 2021.
- 17% of all complaints made to train operators were on ticketing and refunds policy. This was most likely due to passengers applying for refunds during the pandemic.
- In the twelve months between April 2020 and March 2021, 79.7% of recorded station stops in Great Britain were arrived at 'on time'.
- Total rail industry income in the UK in the year ending March 2021 was £20.7 billion.