Rail statistics compendium
Annual summary containing key results from each of our main statistical outputs published in the last 12 months.
Previously published Rail statistics compendia can be found on the National Archives.
If you have any questions or feedback on these statistics, please contact email@example.com
Date published: 08 Dec 2020
Date next published: TBC
- Passenger journeys in Great Britain fell by 0.8% to 1.745 billion in 2019-20.
- Freight moved fell by 4.6% to 16.6 billion net tonne kilometres in 2019-20.
- Almost a quarter of all complaints in 2019-20 related to punctuality or reliability of trains (24%).
- 64.8% of recorded station stops in Great Britain arrived at ‘On time’ in 2019-20.
- Total rail industry income in the UK was £20.1 billion in 2019-20.
There are no reports for this theme