This page provides our users and stakeholders with information about:
- our proposals about changes to our statistics;
- changes in methodology prior to publication;
- our consultations with the rail industry and other stakeholders.
We encourage feedback from users of our statistics at any time. We will actively seek feedback when we have proposals for changes, which we be clearly highlighted ton his this page.
Read our Statement on user engagement.
ORR Data Portal: User engagement survey
Our user engagement survey is now closed but thank you to all users that took the opportunity to provide us with feedback. In the coming months, we will publish the results of the user survey and an action plan explaining how we are going to act upon the feedback we have received.
Whilst the user survey may be closed, we still welcome your feedback to email@example.com
This section will provide details on our proposed changes to our statistical publications. It outlines our proposals and asks for feedback from users of the statistics. The feedback received will inform our decisions about any potential changes.
If you have any comments, queries or suggestions on proposed changes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Improving rail data
Given the majority of our data comes from administrative systems used for operational purposes with statistical use being a secondary purpose we are currently planning a work programme to better understand the quality of the data our suppliers provide. We will work with our data suppliers and use the Office for Statistics Regulation’s standard “Quality Assurance of Administrative Data (QAAD)” as a toolkit to assist us with our assessment.
We use independent reporters to assess the quality of data provided by Network Rail. The quality is graded on two aspects: system reliability and data accuracy. Reports on completed assessments are published on the ORR website.
A number of other reviews have previously been commissioned by us to ensure that our data are robust and align with stakeholder requirements. These reports are below:
- ORR Data Portal - User Engagement Survey Results
- Statistical outputs and ORR data portal - survey results
- Survey on Statistical releases and Quality reports – feedback from users and implementation process
- Office of National Statistics review of rail fares index - a methodological review of the rail fares index and recommendations on improving the dataset.
- ORR data portal enhancements report – by Research Works
- National rail trends portal survey, September 2011 - a summary of the results and key findings from the portal survey. It also includes how we are addressing the key findings from the survey.
- Passenger journeys in Great Britain - A comparison between the two published measures of passenger journeys
- Rail fares index review - A methodological review of the Rail Fares Index carried out by the Office for National Statistics
- Why are data provisional? - An explanation as to why some passenger rail usage data are provisional
Rail statistics management group
The Rail statistics management group (RSMG) is composed of the main industry participants where we discuss possible improvements to rail statistics and research in the rail industry.
We welcome feedback. Please send an email to email@example.com with any comments or suggestions.